"Nothing was ever achieved without enthusiasm." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Study without desire spoils the memory and it retains nothing that it takes in."
Leonardo da Vinci
"If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint... and that voice will be silenced." Vincent van Gogh
WELCOME CLASS OF 2021!!!
- PLEASE VISIT SCOOTPAD over weekends and nightly if possible.
- PLEASE CONTACT ME TO SCHEDULE OUR LAST PEP MEETING!!!
- VISIT THE FOLLOWING MATH and READING EOG PRACTICE: STUDY!!!!!
May 17th: Spring Pictures are due!
May 27th: HOLIDAY! NO School!
May 29-30: End Of Grade (EOG) Testing
May 30th: EOG Make Up
June 4th: End of Year Awards--- In the Gym!
June 7th- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! Classroom Awards Day!
This week in Math (May 20- May 24): MEASUREMENT! Also, Common Denominators, Multiples, factors (factor trees and t-charts) , prime and composite numbers, division, and continued problem solving skills...and FINALLY FRACTIONS and DECIMALS, angles, and area and perimeter!!!
STUDENTS WILL.... PRACTICE EOG STRATEGIES!!!
- DIVISION!!! HELP!!!!
- MULTIPLICATION----some students STILL do not know their basic facts----PLEASE HELP AT HOME!!!!
- Factors and Multiples---Don't forget!
- Prime and Composite numbers---Don't Forget!
- Continuing Fractions!!! (Decomposing Fractions)
- Starting Decimals
- Starting Area and Perimeter
- Review polygons and angles!
IMPORTANT PAPERS SENT THIS WEEK
(May 13 - May 17)
Parent Letter for EOGs: May 15, 2013
Progress reports sent: Waller: Thursday, May 16 Bucher: Friday, May 17 BOTH MUST BE SIGNED!!!
May 20thBUCHER MONDAY HW:
- MATH: EOG SHEETS--- both sides Workbook page P 14-3
- WALLER HW:
- BUCHER TUESDAY
- MATH: EOG Both sides and P14-4
- WALLER :
- BUCHER WEDNESDAY HW:
- MATH: Measurement Quiz on Thursday EOG both sides and EOG practice page 14-5P and 14-6P
- Waller HW:
- BUCHER THURSDAY HW
- MATH: EOG practice pages both sides Practice pages 16-7 P and 16-8 P and 16-9 P
- WALLER HW:
MAY 24th: PREPARE FOR EOG---USE LISTED WEBSITES AND MATH BOOK!!!
Go to Scootpad!!!!
Go to website below:
- BUCHER FRIDAY HW: EOG 2 pages both sides!!! RETURN FOR GRADE!!!
- PLEASE PRACTICE MATH OVER WEEKENDS!!! TAKE MATH BOOK HOME AND VISIT MATH SITES!!!Visit websites Now is the time to really start studying!!!! Practice long division!!
- Math: RETURN PRACTICE EOG BOOKLET AND HOMEWORK SHEET SIGNED BY A PARENT/GRANDPARENT!!!!
Please have your child visit BrainPop.com, KhanAcademy.com, studyjams.com...look for interesting animal websites...and have fun learning!!!!
Please visit my website page and allow your child to explore some great math sites too!!!
Have a happy weekend!
Homework Choice Board---No...not this week!
Parent/Student note: Choice boards will not go home every week. I will use this type of homework assignment as a “filler.” Please note that SOME additional homework may be assigned with the choice board.