National Junior Honor Society Service Hours
Each member of the National Junior Honor Society is responsible for accumulating a minimum of 2.5 service hours each grading period for a minimum of 10 hours for the year. See Mrs. Grady for Service Hour sheets. Service hour sheets must be turned in by Friday May 23rd.
Service opportunities thru school:
1. Youth Association football games - working gate
2. Spring Creek Elementary Spring Fling
3. SCHS concession stand for middle school home football/basketball games
4. Work at dances, carnation sales, spirit week, teacher appreciation week, other club sponsored school activities.
Other service hour ideas outside of school:
1. Volunteering at the Goldsboro Soup Kitchen
2. Volunteering at Goldsboro's Hospice House
3. Volunteering at nursing homes
4. Volunteering at a public library
5. Church activities, such as Vacation Bible School, nursery, mission trips, ....
6. Babysitting for which you receive no monetary compensation or other form of "payment"
7. Helping out elderly/needy friends and family, for instance cutting the lawn, cleaning out a garage or attic, weeding flower beds
Not service hours:
1. Babysitting for your siblings
2. Cleaning your room
3. Mowing your grass
4. Anything you get paid to do
If you have any questions pertaining to service hours, feel free to ask Mrs. Grady.