MOBILE PRESCHOOL CLASSROOM
A world of discovery & education on wheels!
The Wayne County Public Schools’ Wee Wings program
has two mobile preschool classrooms that travel to areas of
the county that are underserved by Pre-K programs.
Background: In 2007, the district launched the program with one bus, funded through local, state, and federal funding sources. In 2008, the Wayne County Board of Commissioners provided a special allocation to WCPS to build and maintain a second mobile Wee Wings preschool classroom. After WCPS purchased and retrofitted yellow buses into the two mobile classrooms, Seymour Johnson AFB personnel applied the unique custom graphics that have now made the Wee Wings buses recognizable to children across Wayne County.
Quick Facts: The Wee Wings program offers:
· Excellent Preschool Programming with stimulating curriculum.
· Licensed Preschool Teacher and highly qualified Instructional Assistant on board.
· Serving children with highest need is a priority.
· Eligible children will attend classes for 1 hour and 45 minutes twice a week.
· Children attend Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday.
· Bus is able to serve 60 children a week.
· The Wee Wings bus travels to nine different locations across Wayne County.