- The Wayne Junior Leadership Academy is now accepting applications! Area juniors from Wayne County High Schools travel around Wayne County to explore and discover all that Wayne County has to offer. Students explore healthcare, business, agriculture, Seymour Johnson AFB and more. If interested please see Mrs. Loury for an application. Deadline is September 20th.
- Yearbooks are now on sale for $40. Forms are in the main office. Senior ads for the yearbook are on sale. Forms are in the main office.
$100 for a full page
$60 for a half page
$45 for a quarter page
|Key Club News! TIME FOR CAROWINDS!
- Do you love roller coasters? Do the names The Fury, The Intimidator, and Nighthawk send chills up and down your spine? How about hanging with your friends and playing games, and eating ridiculous amounts of funnel cakes and insanely expensive pizza. Then join the Key Club on our annual trip to Carowinds for our Fall Rally. You will get to hear an amazing guest speaker, get supercharged for a great year of service, then enjoy the park and ride until your heart's content.
- When: Sunday, October 13th (the next day is a holiday)
- Cost: $80
- Permission forms and itineraries can be picked up in Mr. Nicholson's classroom.
- Permission forms need to be turned in to Mr. Nicholson no later than 16 September.
- Payments are to be made to the front office (Ms. Shanita) and must be paid in full by 1 October.
Prudential Spirit of Community Awards: The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is the United States’ largest youth recognition program based exclusively on volunteer community service.
To be eligible, you must:
- be in grades 5-12 as of November 5
- be a legal resident of any U.S. state or Washington, D.C.
- have engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred during the 12 months prior to the date of the application
- submit a completed application to a school or the head of an official designated local organization by November 5.
Local Honorees receive a Certificate of Achievement from their schools or organization. Those Local Honorees who qualify (26 hours of service for ages 10 and older students) also receive the President's Volunteer Service Award.
Distinguished Finalists receive an engraved bronze medallion, and other state-level runners-up receive Certificates of Excellence.
State Honorees receive a $1,000 scholarship, an engraved silver medallion, and an all-expense-paid trip with a parent or guardian to Washington, D.C., for national recognition events.
National Honorees receive an additional $5,000 scholarship, an engraved gold medallion, a trophy for their schools or nominating organizations, and a $5,000 grant from The Prudential Foundation for a nonprofit charitable organization of heir choice.
Deadline is November 5th. If interested go to: https://spirit.prudential.com/
| Updated 9/11/2019