Erate 2016 Priority 1 Telecommunications for Wayne County Public Schools
Priority 1 Telecommunication Postings:
- Phone Services - Local/Long Distance/Cell
- 470 Application#: 160038240 Posting Date: March 22, 2016
- Allowable contract/proposal due date: April 20, 2016
- This is the last day that bids will be accepted!
- Please be sure that you follow the directions under on the 470 application.
The intent of this webpage is to ensure fair bidding by sharing the questions posed regarding the posted 470 and the requested services. All questions by vendors received via email and the responses will be posted below. If you have a questions that have not been answered below, please contact the WCPS eRate manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and participation.
The following information is based on current/established services:
- Local & Long Distance - Month to month billing preferred. Include all fees for transferring service. Cost should be shown for eRate eligible services and non-eRate eligible services separately when submitting bids.:
- 9 PRIs - Our system is supported and self-managed by the district. Cisco voice routers are located at each location. Locations of PRIs are as follows:
- Technology Support - 710 Argo Street, Goldsboro, NC - 2 circuits
- Carver Heights Elementary - 411 Bunche Dr., Goldsboro, NC - 2 circuits
- Spring Creek High School - 4340 Indian Springs Road, Goldsboro, NC - 2 circuits
- Mount Olive Middle - 309 Wooten St., Mt. Olive, NC - 1 circuit
- Northwest Elementary - 1769 Pikeville/Princeton Hwy, Pikeville, NC - 2 circuits
- Centrex & Pots - 228 lines - use is for rollover for PRI, fire and security alarms, and faxes
- Cell Phones - We do not need devices, only service; service must be accessible at all schools and buildings throughout WCPS. Month to month billing preferred, send a coverage map for voice with all bids. Include all fees for transferring service. Cost should be shown for eRate eligible services and non-eRate eligible services separately when submitting bids.
- Basic Phones - 40 lines
- 40 lines/devices with pay as you go voice
Questions and Answers
Below are responses to any questions regarding telecommunications that have been received via email.
Q: What kind of cell phones do you currently utilize?
A: LG Envoy 2
Q: What kind of data plan do you have on your cell phones?
A: There is no data plan. We are requesting voice-only service for these phones.
Q: What are your schools' addresses?
A: Please click the link for address information for our schools: School Addresses
Q: How many PRIs do you have and where are they located?
A: Please see the information on PRIs listed at the top of this page.
Q: How many POTS lines do you have?
A: Please see the information on POTS/Centrex lines listed at the top of this page.