Wayne County Board of Education
Board Vacancy Applicant Interview Questions
On Friday, February 1, the Wayne County Board of Education compiled a list of questions for the candidates to be interviewed as part of the process to fill the Board’s vacant At-Large seat. The interviews will be conducted beginning at 1 PM on February 7. The list of questions include:
- Being a member of the Board is rewarding; however, it is at times a thankless job. Considering this, why did you apply for this position?
- What do you see as the roles and responsibilities of the Board and the Superintendent?
- In your view, what has the district done well over the last five years? What has the district done poorly that you would change?
- Describe the achievement gap in this district, what you feel is causing it and what can be done about it.
- What should our school system be doing to recruit high quality teachers? Do you feel that every class should be taught by a certified teacher?
- How can our schools better communicate with parents and get them more involved in their children’s education and school activities?
- Do you feel that our current school district lines have segregated our schools? What are your views on redistricting?
- Please describe the top challenges you see facing our schools, both in our county and in our state.
- What, in your opinion, should be some of the goals set for the facilities of the Wayne County Schools and how should they be addressed?
- Please explain how you view education as a factor impacting economic development for Wayne County?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself?