Wayne Early/Middle College High School is a Wayne County Public High School located on the campus of Wayne Community College. Our students have the opportunity to complete their North Carolina high school graduation requirements and a two-year Associate Degree or two years of college transfer courses in a 4-5 year period. Students do not pay for tuition or purchase college textbooks. Our students are dually enrolled in high school and college courses. All high school courses are offered at the honors level. Early College students are contained on the second floor of the Hocutt and Dogwood Buildings for the first two years. Our school offers a small learning community where teachers and students have close relationships. Emphasis is placed on the “3 Rs” – Rigor, Relevance and Relationships. Students enjoy small class sizes and personalized instruction.
Our students are academically able to handle the rigorous curriculum. We accept students from across the county. Our population should reflect the demographics of our school system with an emphasis on first generation college students. Our target population is 60 students per grade level.
Benefits to being a WEMCHS Student:
- Dual enrollment with Wayne Community College
- Personalized Education Plans
- Small class size
- Honors level courses
- Character & Leadership Development
- College Preparation
- Access to Community College Library and resources
- High School diploma and college degree
- Participation in 1:1 Laptop Initiative for all students
Vision, Mission and Beliefs
To provide students with 21st Century skills through personalized, rigorous instruction in an engaging, safe, and nurturing environment.
The mission of Wayne Early/Middle College High School's staff is to develop respectful, socially responsible students who are globally competitive. Our positive, risk-taking, unique staff will teach Honors-level curriculum in a non-traditional environment.
- We believe all people should be treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe that students rise to meet high expectations.
- We believe that positive relationships are a necessary part of any learning environment.
- We believe that all staff members are part of the team that accomplishes successful teaching and learning.
- We believe in respecting and accepting the diversities of all members of our educational family.
- We believe that failure is not an option.
Map and Directions
View Larger Map
We are located on the main campus of Wayne Community College, in the Hocutt Building.