New Student Enrollment
(This form only required for students entering a NC Public School for the first time.)
When can I enroll my child?
Due to COVID-19, new student enrollment will be conducted electronically/ virtually as much as possible.
1. Online Enrollment (preferred method):
Complete the online enrollment packet above (fillable PDF or print) and email to the assigned counselor along with the additional required documents (see below). Electronic signatures will be accepted, however we must verify your identity.
***To use the fillable PDF, download the PDF to your device BEFORE entering your information.
2. In-person Enrollment: Pick up the CBA Enrollment Packet at the school. Complete it at home/school and return it along with required documents (see below).
Once the completed CBA Enrollment Packet and the required documents are received, a counselor will review the documents and contact you to schedule an appointment time if needed to complete your enrollment. Appointments may be conducted by phone, face-to-face (only 2 people allowed) or virtual to best meet the needs of the family.
Who can enroll my child?
The parent/ legal guardian MUST accompany the student to enroll. NC law requires children under age 18 be enrolled by a legal parent or guardian. The student must reside with the legal parent/ guardian and must live in the CBA HS school district.
Who is a legal parent/guardian?
A legal guardian is one who has been designated by the courts. Family members, relatives or friends cannot enroll a student unless proof of custody is presented (i.e. court order, adoption). The “power of attorney” or other forms of notarized statements DO NOT meet the requirement for enrolling a student in Wayne County Public Schools.
Please bring the following items with you to the enrollment appointment:
1. 2 proofs of address in the CBA HS district (ex: driver's license, utility bill, rent receipt, tax bill, military ID)
2. Immunization Records
3. Physical Health Assessment (required for students enrolling in a NC public school for the first time)
4. Student birth certificate
5. High school transcript
6. Official withdrawal from previous school
7. Photo ID of the adult enrolling the student
8. Proof of custody (if applicable)