Enrollment and Withdrawal Information

Enrollment at Southern Wayne High School  

A parent or legal guardian must accompany the student for registration. You will need to bring the following:

1. An original or certified copy of the student's birth certificate.
2. Two proofs of residence in the form or a current electric, gas or water bill or signed lease agreement, etc. 
3.  Immunization records
4. If you and your family are residing in the home of relatives/friends, proper documentation will be needed.
5. Withdrawal form from the previous school, last report card or transcript.  If applicable, a current IEP and psychological testing.   Transcripts from previous high school will be necessary in order to help with course placement.
6. Photo ID of registering parent or legal guardian.
7. Custody papers if applicable.

Procedures for Withdrawal

1.  Please start with coming to the SWHS Guidance office to withdraw your student.   Parent contact is required before withdrawing any student.
2.  On the student's last day at  Southern Wayne,  he/she must see his/her school counselor to obtain a withdrawal form.  Class books, supplies, locks, uniforms, library books, etc. must also be returned  at this time.
3.  This withdrawl form and the transfer grades will be given to the student in a sealed envelope.  These are official documents for admission to the next school so please don't open the envelope.  Transcripts will need to be requested by the next school
© 2022. Wayne County Public Schools. All Rights Reserved.
View text-based website