Meadow Lane Elementary School Counseling Department's mission is to educate all students in socio-emotional, cognitive, and career competencies which will enhance student achievement and advance them in becoming responsible members of society.
All students will achieve success in school and will be prepared to lead fulfilling lives as responsible members of society.
- has dignity and worth.
- deserves respect.
- has the right to a safe and caring learning environment.
- has the right to access services provided by the school counselor.
The school counseling program shall:
- be planned and coordinated by the school counselor in consultation with other representatives of the school.
- engage all students in classroom, group, and/or individual activities to enhance student learning.
- provide socio-emotional, cognitive, and career development for every student.
- use data to drive the program development and evaluation, and actively monitor student results.
The school counselor shall:
- abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the North Carolina School Counseling Association and the American School Counselor Association.
- participate in professional development activities essential to maintaining a quality school counseling program.