Did you know that more than 50 children at Carver Heights Elementary School have asthma? The American Lung Association has several tips to help your child stay well during the school year.
- Schedule an Asthma Check-up with your child’s doctor.
- Vaccinate yourself and your child against seasonal influenza.
- Know about Prescription Assistance Services. No one should have to do without their asthma medications because of financial needs.
- All students with asthma should have a personalized Asthma Action Plan that details personal information about the child’s asthma symptoms, medications, and physical limitations. The plan provides specific instructions about what to do if an asthma attack occurs at school. Please contact the school nurse if you have not already completed this form.
- Visit your school nurse and teachers to discuss specific symptoms and triggers, so they will be better prepared to care for your child.
- Make sure that the school knows how to contact you in case of an emergency.