Northeast Elementary Parent and Family Engagement Policy
This School adheres to the philosophy that parental engagement is
essential in the total teaching and learning process of children. . School-Parent Compact Agreements
will be sent home at the beginning of the year that outlines how parents,
school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved students'
Elementary provides the following parental engagement activities:
- Parent Resource Center, located in the front of the media center
is equipped with materials (books, kits, games, etc.) that parents may check
out to use with their child. - Parent Workshops and Seminars offered throughout
- Curriculum night events for each grade level to explain our
policies, curriculum, and classroom expectations - Classroom and School
- NEE's Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- NEE's Parent Advisory Council ( PAC) - Wayne County Schools Advisory Council Inclusion of Selected Parents on School Improvement Teams and Committees - This School's Report Card sent home annually Home/school communications through school website, student handbook, newsletters, progress reports, etc.
PARENTS RIGHT TO KNOW STATEMENT
As required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Title I Part A, information is available at your child’s school including, but not limited, to the following:
1. The School Improvement Plan
2. Qualifications of your child’s teacher:
• Whether the North Carolina Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
• Whether the North Carolina Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances.
• The teacher’s college major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
• Whether any instructional assistants or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.
3. Professional development opportunities for teachers and instructional assistants to ensure highly effective personnel.
4. Opportunities for parent engagement and input
5. The Wayne County Public Schools’ Improvement Plan
6. The Wayne County Public Schools’ Title I Parent and Family Engagement Plan and School Parent and Family Engagement Plan
7. Wayne County Public Schools’ Report Card
8. School Report Card
Please contact Julie West, Principal, at 919-705-6030 for additional information.