On Tuesday, June 18, approximately 200 Wayne County Public Schools (WCPS) teachers and school personnel from neighboring counties will converge on the Goldsboro High campus to participate in a one day digital learning mini-conference event. The event, titled “Wild about Digital Learning”, will be hosted by the WCPS Digital Teaching & Learning (DTL) Coaches. The event is intended to provide innovative strategies to engage students in digital learning, and targets teachers needing continuing education in the area of digital learning as part of their licensure.
“This is our second digital learning training event this school year,” states Tony Smith, DTL Coach. “In February after our first event, we received so much positive feedback and requests for another event that we quickly began planning this summer training. We are excited to kickoff the day of innovative sessions with a keynote address by K12 Google for Education Program Manager, Danieta Morgan.”
The training will be held from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM. Representatives from Google, CDWG, Dell, Microsoft, Canvas, Learning.com, NCDPI, and others will lead a number of sessions. Topics include:
- Game Based Learning and Minecraft
- Google Sites for Beginners
- Using Minecraft to Teach Science
- Chromebooks: How Do I Do That?
- Technology Integration Using the SAMR Model
- S'way cool: Elevate student voice across the curriculum
- C4: Incorporating Google Tools To Achieve the 4C's
- Want to build an Inclusive Classroom? Learning Tools is your Superpower! Wild About Hyperdocs
- World changers unite! Level the playing field with Dictation & Translator
- 5 Ways to Integrate Technology into Your Lessons
- Using Canvas to Open the NC Digital Competency Curiosity Door
- Wild About Google Drawings
- Assessment Walkabout with Schoolnet
- Help Students Master Digital Literacy Skills
- Wild About Reports in Schoolnet
- Getting Organized with Google Drive
The WCPS DTL Coaches are Tony Smith, Anita Martin and Lou Rose.