The Wayne County Board of Education will hold a Special Called Meeting on Thursday, June 18, at 1:00 p.m. in the Boardroom of the WCPS Central Services on Royall Avenue. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss, and to consider and/or take any necessary action regarding the following agenda items:
- Closed session to consult with legal counsel and consider confidential personnel matters; approval of Resolution pursuant to Article 31 of the North Carolina General Statutes, The School Budget Fiscal and Control Act; and consider personnel recommendations.
As a reminder, the following meeting Board of Education meeting guidelines are in effect:
- Because of the current federal and state emergencies resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, members of the public are urged to take advantage of live-streaming options and to not physically attend the Board meetings.
- All public Board of Education monthly and special called meetings will be streamed live via: the district's WCPSLive Youtube Channel accessible via the district’s website, www.waynecountyschools.org, Youtube, and on Channel 18 on Spectrum Cable.
- During Board of Education meetings, the Boardroom will be closed to the public:
- A television monitor will be set up for any members of the public who come to the WCPS Administrative Offices to watch a meeting.
- Social distancing consistent with CDC guidelines will be practiced.
Once posted, the agenda can be viewed at http://www.boarddocs.com/nc/wcpsnc/Board.nsf/Public#.