The Wayne County Board of Education will meet Monday, March 23, in the Executive Boardroom of the WCPS Administrative Offices on Royall Avenue for its regularly scheduled monthly meeting. The Board will meet at 3:30 to enter closed session, which will be followed by open session. On Tuesday, March 24, the Board will hold a Special Called Meeting at 9 a.m. to interview candidates for the vacant District-6 seat and potentially elect a new Board member.
Moving forward, and until further notice, the following guidelines will be in place for Wayne County Board of Education meetings in an effort to promote social distancing and to help combat the spread of COVID-19:
- Because of the current federal and state emergencies resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, members of the public are urged to take advantage of live-streaming options and to not physically attend the Board meetings.
- All public Board of Education monthly and special called meetings will be streamed live via: Facebook Live on the district’s Facebook page: @WayneCountyPS, and on Channel 18 on Spectrum Cable.
- During Board of Education meetings, the Executive Board Room will be closed to the public:
- A special room will be set up with television monitors for any members of the public who come to the WCPS Administrative Offices to watch a meeting.
- Individuals wishing to participate in the Public Comment portion of the monthly meeting will be brought into the Executive Board Room individually to deliver their comments.
- Social distancing consistent with CDC guidelines will be practiced.