The Wayne County Board of Education will meet Monday, October 5, in the Boardroom of the WCPS Administrative Offices on Royall Avenue for its regularly scheduled monthly meeting. The Board will meet at 3:30 p.m. to enter open session and will follow a modified agenda. The Board will begin its meeting with a Budget Presentation. Following the Budget Presentation, the Board will meet at 4:30 PM to receive an update from the North Carolina School Boards Association regarding its superintendent search. The Board will remain in open session after the presentation and enter closed session upon the end of regular business. Following closed session, the Board will return to open session to vote on consent agenda items.
As a reminder, the following meeting Board of Education meeting guidelines are in effect:
- Because of the current federal and state emergencies resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, members of the public are urged to take advantage of live-streaming options and to not physically attend the Board meetings.
- All public Board of Education monthly and special called meetings will be streamed live via Youtubelive, accessible via www.waynecountyschools.org (WCPS Live button), and can be watched on Channel 18 on Spectrum Cable.
- During Board of Education meetings, the Boardroom will be closed to the public:
- A television monitor will be set up for any members of the public who come to the WCPS Administrative Offices to watch a meeting.
- Individuals wishing to participate in the Public Comment portion of the monthly meeting will be brought into the Boardroom individually to deliver their comments.
- Social distancing consistent with CDC guidelines will be practiced.