UPDATE: The November 10 Special Called Meeting has been recessed until 10 AM on Tuesday, November 17.
The Wayne County Board of Education will hold two Special Called Meetings in November. The first meeting will be held on Monday, November 9 at 10:15 a.m. and the second meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 10 at 8:30 a.m. Both meetings will be held in the Boardroom of the WCPS Central Services on Royall Avenue. The purpose of both meetings is to discuss, and to consider and/or take any necessary action regarding the following agenda item:
- Closed session for personnel
As a reminder, the following Board of Education meeting guidelines are in effect:
- Because of the current federal and state emergencies resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, members of the public are urged to take advantage of live-streaming options and to not physically attend the Board meetings.
- All public Board of Education monthly and special called meetings will be streamed live via Youtubelive, accessible via www.waynecountyschools.org (WCPS Live button), and can be watched on Channel 18 on Spectrum Cable.
- Closed sessions are not streamed or open to the public.
- During Board of Education meetings, the Boardroom will be closed to the public:
- A television monitor will be set up for any members of the public who come to the WCPS Administrative Offices to watch a meeting.
- Social distancing consistent with CDC guidelines will be practiced.