ATTENTION PARENTS! If you are enrolling a student for the first time, please click on the enrollment link below and select "Create Account" to establish your login information for the site. Once your account is created and you are logged in, you can provide the necessary information to enroll your child:

Online Enrollment Link - English

Enlace de Inscripción en Lesínea - Español

Quick Guide to Student Enrollment

Before your child can enroll at a WCPS school, they must meet the requirements listed below. Feel free to print enrollment packets from the links listed, or you can also pick up an enrollment packet at your child's new school.

Some forms, documents, or links may require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader .

Programs and services may vary by school. For information about specific programs and services, please contact the school directly or contact the appropriate WCPS department.

High school registration catalogs are available under "Quick Links" on the WCPS website.

Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before August 31st. The age requirement is state law.

North Carolina state law requires that the child be enrolled by a legal parent or legal guardian only. Family members, relatives, or friends may not serve as the enrollment agent.

The enrollment process requires proof of residence.  Please bring two of the following items with you to enroll your child:
  - Property tax records which indicate the street or road address location of the residence (Dated within 1 year of enrollment)
  - Copies of the mortgage documents or copies of deed to property which indicate the street or road address of the property
  - Copy of the residential lease showing street or road address (Dated within 1 year of enrollment)
  - Copy of utility bill (electric, gas or water) showing residence address (Dated within 60 days of enrollment).  No copies or disconnected notices will be accepted.

Provide one original proof from below:
  - Copy of current driver's license showing street or road address
  - or copy of voter registration form showing street or road address
  - or copy of automobile registration showing street or road address

Military families living on base may present a letter from base housing as proof of residence.

Important: WCPS assigns students to schools based on attendance zone in which they reside. Parents must enroll their kindergarten child in the school district in which they live. Board of Education Policy 4130 does provide guidance to parents seeking to transfer their child to a school outside of their attendance zone. (All policies related to enrollment can be accessed at the following link
Board of Education Policies)


The General Assembly requires a minimum of 185 instructional days or 1,025 hours of instruction covering at least nine calendar months. North Carolina law requires that the first day of school shall be no earlier than the Monday closest to August 26, and the last day of school shall be no later than the Friday closest to June 11. It is a local decision, not the state's, to determine the length of the school day and the school year. Instructional days may be scheduled for any day except Sunday.

To facilitate the process of transferring student organizational memberships to Wayne County Public Schools, please bring a letter of reference. The letter should include your current membership status and any other details necessary to expedite your membership transfer. 

Required Documents:

The following documents are required to enroll in a North Carolina public school:

 - 2 proofs of address in assigned school district (ex: driver’s license, utility bill, rent/tax receipt, military ID)
 - Immunization records
NC Health Assessment (physician must complete; required for any student new to NC public schools)
 - Student birth certificate
 - Report card/transcript listing all courses & grades up to the point of withdrawal from the previous school
 - Official withdrawal form from previous school
 - Photo ID of the parent/legal guardian
 - Proof of custody (if applicable)


Sports Participation (Physical) Form 

Home Language Survey (English)

Home Language Survey (Spanish)


For current immunization requirements, click here.
To enroll in school, a child needs proof of immunization against:

  • HIB (Haemophilus Influenzae)

  • Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis

  • Hepatitis B

  • Varicella

  • Polio

  • Rubella

  • Mumps

  • Measles

  • Pneumococcal conjugate         

Certain exemptions are possible for extenuating health or religious reasons. All students need proof of a current physical examination when enrolling in North Carolina schools for the first time.

Student Reassignment & Summer Transfer

Are you wanting to transfer your child to a different school in the fall? Are you a family whose child has been redistricted from Northeast or Northwest Elementary to the new Fremont Elementary, and you want to request transfer back to the school they are currently at? Is your child currently attending an out of district school and you want to transfer them to the next school in the current feeder pattern? Requests for reassignments are now being accepted online. Click on Student Reassignment Request to find which schools are open and closed for transfer and to complete the online request form.